Our new lavender latté could be likened to a winter version of our famous ice creams; our signature purple, infused with fragrant culinary lavender and a hit with young and young-at-heart alike. Sweetened to a similar level as hot chocolate, you could take further inspiration from our ice cream range by adding honey, cocoa or vanilla to taste. This comforting winter drink is calming and cosy, a perfect treat to enjoy by the fire.
1 teaspoon of 100% Taro root powder (for colour)
15ml lavender syrup (see recipe below)
1 cup steamed milk
- Add the taro root powder to a glass and spritz with water.
- Add the lavender syrup and mix well with the taro root powder until smooth. If adding any other flavours, now is the stage to combine.
- Top with steamed milk and enjoy.
1 cup water
3 tablespoons Bridestowe gourmet Culinary Lavender
2 cups sugar
- Add Culinary Lavender to room temperature water and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, add in sugar and stir
- Once the sugar has dissolved, reduce to low to medium heat, and allow to infuse for 10-15 minutes or until fragrant
- Remove from heat and leave the lavender buds in the syrup while it cools off
- Once cool enough to store, strain the lavender buds
- Keep refrigerated in a sealed bottle for 1-2 weeks